Shelter Advocate (Full or Part Time)
Aware is currently accepting resumes for a full time or part time Shelter Advocate position. This position is responsible for providing client-centered, non-judgmental, and culturally responsive crisis advocacy and support services to adult survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their children. A Few of the Key Functions:
• Respond to 24-hour crisis hotline, crisis intervention, emotional support, safety planning, and information and referral services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
• Provide face-to-face, voluntary intervention and support on an emergency basis to survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their families. Services shall be provided at non-traditional safe locations such as hospitals, police stations, etc.
• Provide, assist and/or advocate on behalf of clients and their dependent children to link clients with community systems to secure counseling, legal advocacy, housing, employment/financial assistance, health related assistance, transportation or other services related to gaining independence.
• Work with Director of Shelter Operations to ensure safe operations of shelter facility.
• High school diploma or GED required; college experience/degree preferred, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Previous experience working in domestic violence and/or sexual assault program, or other human service agency preferred.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to issues related to domestic and sexual violence
• Must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license.
No phone calls please. EOE. Please send resumes and cover letter to ATTN: SeQuita Brown via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (517)783-2660. Resumes are being accepted until the position is filled.